Most awaited Reliance Jio Sim was finally launched on September 5, 2016 at the 42nd AGM of Reliance Industries. People have been queueing up in front of stores ever since the much-hyped sim was launched. Stressing on the digital revolution boom globally, Reliance Industry had noted that everything that is digital is having an exponential growth. Reliance Jio will be a very big step towards Digital India. Talking about the Jio service, Mr. Ambani had said that they were committed to provide a strong network and create a magical experience and added that it will always be available at an affordable price. Along with this Reliance Jio user will be getting the free service till December 2016.
The users in order to get the SIM card are needed to submit their KYC documents for the Jio 4G SIM and it is freely available at Reliance Digital, Reliance Digital Express and Reliance Digital Mini Express shop. The Jio SIM cards brings along with it, accessories like JioOnDemand and JioBeats. My Jio App needs to be downloaded by the users from the Google play store before getting their Jio SIM cards.
Even before its release in the market as part of testing procedures, the Jio has caused severe headaches to the telecom industry with prominent network providers such as Bharti Airtel, Vodafone and Idea Cellular by offering free services to attract new customers on a large scale. The 45 Minutes speech of Mr. Ambani on inauguration of Reliance Jio had cost Rs 13870 CR to Airtel and Idea.
Earlier, the stores with the supply of the Reliance Jio saw massive queues that could only be associated with the launch of Apple products. The Jio services would be available in its complete form, the Reliance Jio 4G starting September 5. Previously the Jio was available in Beta versions to employees. It was later extended to family and friends, partners and selected vendors such as Samsung, LG and Micromax, YU Lyf etc….
How to activate Reliance Jio SIM
On getting the Reliance Jio SIM, the user would need to activate it in order to use. The following steps need to be followed for the activation:
- The user is expected to get a confirmation message from Jio asking for the Tele-verification.
- In order to activate both the Voice and Data services, the user has to dial 1977 from the Jio number.
- Validation of the user can be confirmed by using the last 4 digits of the submitted Identity Proof.
- The SIM is hardly taking 1 to 2 hours to get activated. Though in some cases, the SIM has taken up to 4-5 hours for activation. So we have to keep patience.
- For enabling of data only, one needs to dial 1800-890-1977 Toll-Free number from any other phone and insert your Jio Mobile number as mentioned in the user’s Reliance Jio SIM’s form.
- Data services will get activated on entering the newly purchased Jio mobile number. And your connection will get activated.
Hope it was helpful to you. Do send us your comment and you can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ , on LinkedIn or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from, Technology world.