Mi India a subsidiary of Xiaomi is enhancing its service network in India with Mi Protect plan, an accidental and liquid damage protection plan for your Mi devices. This plan will come with free pick-up and drop off services and you will also get the second servicing free within a year of activation. The company has been increasing its foothold in India which needs fortification of its service network along with offline availability.
The only catch is that this plan can be bought with all the Mi devices that you have purchased through Mi.com only. There is no clarity about whether this offer extends to Xiaomi devices purchased off Flipkart.
Price & Devices Covered
The Mi Protect plans start from Rs 275 and go up to Rs 499 depending upon the device. Here is the complete price list for Mi devices coming with the Mi Protect plan.
Apart from providing cashless repairs at authorized centers, the plan also covers:
- Accidental and liquid damage protection
- Doorstep pickup and drop-off
- 24X7 call center support to report damages
- Two repairs. Restoration of full amount after the first repair
- One call to block your SIM from anywhere in the world
- SIM misuse insurance cover of up to Rs. 3000
- Smartphone assistance to resolve all your Mi phone related queries
- Docusafe of up to 1GB to store and access all your important documents from anywhere in the world
In case you purchase a new Mi device, the Mi Protect plan can also be transferred to the new device. You can also cancel it within 30 days of activation if there is no claim on your membership.
Check if your damage is applicable to claim Mi Protect
User can also checkout the damage status whether the damage is applicable to claim Mi Protect or not.
How To Activate Mi Protect Plan
Users just have to call One Assist customer care number at 1800 407 333333, 1800 123 3330 or 0 8080 333 333 after purchasing Xiaomi device to activate the plan.
Have you purchased the Xiaomi Mi Protect plan for you Xiaomi device yet? Do you think this plan is worth buying? Share your views with us in the comments section below!